Silo Storages are typically built with a steel roof and concrete or steel walls and equipped with a fuel distributor on top of the silo. They can be nearly 30 m in diameter and have volumes ranging up to 10 000 m3. Round storage silos are equipped with TYRANNOSAURUS® Rotating Screw Reclaimers and have several advantages as a storage system.
- First of all, the storage building comes in a compact layout. It requires only a small footprint, yet it has a large storage volume.
- Secondly, the storage is a completely closed structure, which means it creates no smell, dust or spillage.
- The third advantage is related to the fuel flow in and out of the storage. The silo has a First in, First out working principle, which not only secures the fuel quality but also increases safety by significantly reducing
the risk of self-combustion.
- Fourthly comes homogenising the fuel quality. As fuel layers piling up in the storage are seldom equal in terms of general quality or moisture, it is vital to get a good mixture of all the layers. Thanks to the structure of the silo and the working principle of the rotating screw reclaimer on the bottom of it, the general quality as well as the moisture content within the fuel are balanced.
- Finally, the fifth advantage of the silo is providing an even and controlled material flow. The reclaiming is automated and adapted to the demand set by the following process.The structure of the storage is designed to prevent the fuel from forming an arch. This guarantees a constant material flow for the screw reclaimer.